Monday, May 18, 2009

Thumbs Up For Me!


Ask anyone I know what sport I play and you have the answer of tennis! This is my game no doubt. A lot of people think that tennis is some easy sport that anyone can play but buddy you are wronger than having needles in a balloon factory! It's half mental, half physical and can be very difficult. I've been told since I started tennis in 4th grade that I was good. But I stopped because I got mad a the coach( very mature I know). I never thought twice about starting tennis again until at the end of 7th grade year when I was asked to join the tennis team by the new coach. When 8th grade started I thought that I would be horrible since it had been so long since I had played. But at the end of the week when the coach ranked us I was the third girl. Throughout 8th grade year I fell in love with tennis and wanted to play in high school.
I practiced all summer and I wanted to make varsity. I was dedicated and determined. On the first day of JV practice I made myself noticed and asked Coach Schubert if I could come and practice after school with varsity and possibly move up to varsity. She was excited that I was driven and I wanted to get on varsity as a freshmen. After a couple of weeks I had improved even more and Coach saw that. I was put on varsity and was ecstatic! As this year progressed I improved even more and this spring my doubles partner, Genesis Reed, and I became ranked third in the district. I am happy with how much I have improved and thumbs up to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment