Monday, May 18, 2009

My Shadow


I've often been thought of as a "goody-two-shoes" and the kid who has just been good their whole life. If only it were true. I've done things I'm not proud of and don"t like to discuss. I don't have these things out in the open and I prefer it that way. I wish they would stay apart of my past and not resurface in the constant manner that they do. Recurrently these are talked about amoungst my friends and I am put in a place where sometimes I don't know how to deal. Although none of them truly know my shawdow besides Kaitlyn, I still feel exposed in a sense. In times I wish I could walk in someone else's shoes so I wouldn't have to walk in mine. It's not always the best place for a teenager like myself to be. Running from your shadow doesn't work because it will always be there. Unlike Peter Pan, there is no saying "good-bye" to your shadow. Eventhough I am not proud of my past/shadow it has made me who I am and I can only try to move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment