Monday, May 18, 2009

My Guidance

In life I would say that I have two mentors. My no longer living uncle and my best friend. Now that I think about it, my uncle has helped me more since his death than when he was alive. Uncle Guy, yes his name is Guy, was an outstanding human being. He was couragous, out going, stood for what he believed in and loved his family more than anything. In the eight grade my uncle quit school and started working. By the age of twenty he was at the top of the company and doing very well. When I used to go visit him he always told me to do what I love and don't let people stand in the way of my dreams. Also, he'd use to tell me that the world is made of dreaming so don't ever stop my dreaming. When he was alive he taught me a lot of things such as: never give up and don't be afraid to do things. Not all of his "teaching" per say made sense to me then. But when he died and I got older it started to become more and more clear to me. Even today as I hear stories about him from my mom and aunt he never seizes to amaze me.

My other mentor as I said is my best friend Kaitlyn Bethel. She's not afraid of much and has helped me through a lot the last couple of years. I can tell her anything or come to her with a any problem and she will always help me. Also she has helped me look at life a little different and helped me become a better person. When it comes to our friendship, we have a complex way of understanding each other and we are both totally different. I think that our differences actually are part of the reason she is one of my mentors. When she helps me and gives advice she's able to work the matter through a mind set different than mine. Through thick and thin I believe that she will always be a mentor of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment