Monday, May 18, 2009

Naive and Sheltered


I love my parents dearly and they would do anything for me. I had a great childhood and they have always been very involved in my life, maybe a little too much though. Since birth I have been sheltered very much. In 6th and 7th grade when my friend were going to the movies by themselves I was told no because there was no parent. Until this year I haven't been able to date unless I double dated with them (very irratating and frustrating). And now if I go out with a guy I still have to double with a friend. I know it's because they care but sometimes it feels like I want them to care a little less maybe. Once I got to high school I was in for a spin. I learned about so many things that I hadn't ever heard of at home because I was always sheltered. I felt so naive and out of the loop. Some days I'll be telling my mom about something that happened at school and she'll ask me how I know about that kind of stuff and my answer is always the same,"I go to school". It's shocks her and my dad quite often. I know there sheltering was out of love but I wish I was sheltered a little less.

No comments:

Post a Comment